click to show more information

click to hide/show information About this Show

Liberally Stephanie Miller

News/Business. (2012) New. (CC) (Stereo)

NETWORK

DURATION
03:00:00

RATING
PG

SCANNED IN
San Francisco, CA, USA

SOURCE
Comcast Cable

TUNER
Virtual Ch. 107 (CURNT)

VIDEO CODEC
mpeg2video

AUDIO CODEC
ac3

PIXEL WIDTH
528

PIXEL HEIGHT
480

TOPIC FREQUENCY

Stephanie Miller 33, John Fugelsang 10, Vo 10, America 10, Paul Ryan 7, Us 6, Mitt Romney 6, Jim Lehrer 4, John 4, New York 4, Kevin 4, Virginia 4, Wisconsin 3, Ohio 2, Gail 2, Beverly Hills 2, Pseudolift 2, Olivia Munn 2, Paul Tonko 2, Sean Hannity 2,
Borrow a DVD
of this show
  Current    Liberally Stephanie Miller    News/Business.   
   (2012) New. (CC) (Stereo)  

    October 5, 2012
    6:00 - 9:00am PDT  

6:00am
6:01am
6:02am
6:03am
6:04am
6:05am
6:06am
6:07am
6:08am
6:09am
6:10am
6:11am
6:12am
6:13am
6:14am
6:15am
6:16am
6:17am
6:18am
6:19am
6:20am
6:21am
6:22am
6:23am
6:24am
6:25am
6:26am
6:27am
6:28am
6:29am
6:30am
6:31am
6:32am
6:33am
6:34am
6:35am
6:36am
6:37am
6:38am
6:39am
6:40am
6:41am
6:42am
6:43am
6:44am
6:45am
6:46am
6:47am
6:48am
6:49am
6:50am
6:51am
6:52am
6:53am
6:54am
6:55am
6:56am
6:57am
6:58am
[♪ theme music ♪] >> stephanie: all right tv land, representative paul tonko coming up this hour. jacki schechner you sent me the story government makes arrest for $430 million in health care fraud. >> you know what you just did again -- >> stephanie: stepped on your news toes? well you sent it to me. think of this as a tease.
6:59am
>> this just shows how connected we are. >> stephanie: i'm just saying that's the waste and fraud that mitt romney wants to helpfully put back into medicare -- >> i wasn't going to start with that at all. >> oh, my god. just do the news jacki. >> good morning, everybody. mitt romney says he wants to restore those $716 billion cuts to medicare, but as we just discussed that money is savings by getting rid of waste, fraud and abuse, and now we know that close to 100 people have been arrested, seven states eight cities in connection with all different kinds of medicare fraud. the total cost to tax payers $430 million. they have caught almost 1500
7:00am
people who have stolen more than $4.8 billion of your taxpayer money. there are also results of a study out today that says access to free birth control leads to fewer teen pregnancies and lower rates of abortion. they tracked 9,000 with women over the course of two years. as a result, the numbers of uning wanted teen pregnancies and terminationed dropped dramatically. this comes at the same time that the affordable care act gives free access to contraception for women. and we were talking about how conservatives are coming out with all sorts of conspiracy theories of why the unemployment rate went down.
7:01am
mitt romney says we didn't add as many jobs and more people dropped out of the work force. what if that is not true the number went up not down. back with more after the break. commentary. >> the idea that he could criticize the president on the down grading, when he led the charge to block a resolution. outrageous. (vo) the only network with real-time reaction straight from the campaigns and from viewers like you. >>now that's politically direct.
7:02am
7:03am
7:04am
[ ♪ theme music ♪ ] >> announcer: ladies and gentlemen, it's "the stephanie miller >> announcer: ladies and gentlemen, it's the "stephanie miller show"! ♪ i'm walking on sunshine woe ho i'm walking on sunshine woe ho ♪ ♪ it's time to feel good ♪ ♪ hey all right now ♪ ♪ it's time to feel good ♪ >> stephanie: yes, it is. the "stephanie miller show." welcome to it. six minutes after the hour. 1-800-steph-1-2 the phone number toll free from anywhere. look at this it is an unsolicited testimonial from a big fancy current executive. steph you did such a fun show
7:05am
our debate show, we would very much like to have you for another, and another, and another i expect would you bring your big ratings to the party for next week as well? and i said yes, we will. >> you said yes for all of us? >> stephanie: yes, i did. so thank you, everybody. [ applause ] >> stephanie: we were sleepy we don't really remember what hand -- >> i'm doing a pixar thing on wednesday -- >> it's on thursday. >> that means our tax lady -- >> stephanie: all right. jim you can work that out off air. >> romney: i love this state,
7:06am
love big birds. >> i love you women! >> are love the lamp. >> are you just saying that because you saw it. >> romney: i love big bird. >> you are going to love our nuts. [ applause ] >> stephanie: all right. july in portland. hello, july. >> caller: hey, steph. thanks for all of the great work you guys do. >> stephanie: thank you. thank you. there are five stages of lying from oh, i have a headache and i don't want to meet you for coffee, all the way to what is called a pseudolift. that is a person who is so immersed in their own lies that it becomes their reality. >> stephanie: exactly.
7:07am
>> caller: mittens is there. >> stephanie: he is a really good liar. if i were the president i would have been a little startled as well. by the way -- the president said we can't -- who -- he said we can't double down on trickle down. >> romney: i said the president's vision is trickle-down government. and i don't think that's what america believes in. i see a prosperity that comes through freedom. >> gag. >> stephanie: the president is anti-freedom. >> yes, with extra freedom berries. >> stephanie: yes. mason in ohio. good morning. >> caller: good morning sunshine. >> stephanie: good morning moon shine. >> caller: i got to say i'm really disappointed in all of
7:08am
the news media calling this an epic failure and he is flat lining. it's not like obama got out there stripped down naked and was doing the houla. he had some very valid point. >> stephanie: yeah. i think people thought chris matthews was going to stroke out on the air. >> yeah. >> stephanie: i get it that the expectations were so low for mitt, but it's like david axelrod said, give this a second and as we have we see how it has been so thoroughly fact checked that they are going to use this stuff in ad now. >> caller: yeah, even today, though, most of the networks are still claiming romney is a win. which makes me wonder what is their criteria? because he got up there and lied. bullied the debate the moderator, the president. he took the opposite side of his
7:09am
own platform. he applied the criticisms that he is getting to the president, like the fact that he is making up facts and wants to cut medicare benefits. it just doesn't look like a win to me. >> stephanie: i'll tell you what is a win unemployment rate drops to 7.8%. >> caller: i love it but they are now saying it is a conspiracy. >> stephanie: yeah. >> caller: it just makes my head want to split open and my eyeballs drop out of my head. >> stephanie: that's so unlady like. >> mitt romney said that is not enough. >> stephanie: oh, okay. because john sununu said he is lazy and stupid. romney walked back his own tax
7:10am
plan telling president obama and the american people he would not support a plan that cut taxes on the wealthy and raise taxes on the middle class -- that is mathematically impossible. as i read the actual -- like thing romney said, he basically just said huh-uh because i say so. >> wow. >> stephanie: he said so there's no economist that says the plan adds $5 trillion if i say it won't. [ applause ] >> stephanie: all right. wow. okay. so and as i was always saying i thought axelrod said it right. he said the strategy was effective in the short-term vulnerable in the long term. romney gave a good performance,
7:11am
the problem is none of it was rooted in fact. he told the debate medicare is -- mr. etch-a-sketch said that was wrong. the romney camp had to send someone in the spin room right after the debate to say, well he can't really do that. as for taxed obama appeared to be caught off guard by the statement that his plan wouldn't increase taxes. much of romney's performance was rooted in deception from his very first answer when he tried to disown his tax program, and then finally he is unable to
7:12am
deem regulation he would keep -- he has been saying for how long he would repeal dodd-frank. and suddenly just because he said it, oh no you have to have regulation -- [ cuckoo clock chimes ] >> stephanie: unbelievable. paul tonko, good morning, congressman. >> good morning, stephanie. how are you. it's great to join you and your listeners. >> stephanie: you too. it was great to see you at the dnc. it really is stunning to try to fact check romney, right? >> the one that got me was the revenue reducing tax cut, and talk about this resulting growing of the base and, you know, it's -- it's so interesting that -- that the
7:13am
revenue-neutral concept is pretty much just nomenclature they are suggesting that as the tax base grows, in the future we'll recover revenues and therefore the tax cut will be paid for. well that sounds an awful lot like the bush recession, where they fought two wars that weren't on line, they gave tax cuts to the primarily upper levels, and didn't have a funding mechanism and then wonder idea we as a economy crashed. it was the same order of thinking. give the tax cut but don't worry about paying for it. that sounds like recent history repeated. >> stephanie: right. >> i just think we're going into the danger zone. >> stephanie: obviously facts and numbers supporting the president, including the unemployment rate falling to
7:14am
7.8%. that's huge news, isn't it? >> i think it's great news. knowing that 7.8% is the lowest it has been since january of '09 when this president took office. so we're redoing -- getting a bet ere unemployment rate than we have had throughout his tenure. and it has been slow steady progress. and 418,000 people were new to the work force in september, so it shows a very strong opportunity out there for the economy, and also i'm told that the folks who have been out of work for five weeks or less are finding jobs quicker than they did a september ago, from a year ago. a lot of indicators out there that are very strong and we have to keep in mind too that
7:15am
the 114,000 jobs added last month may be driven upward because july and august numbers got driven up where they redid the numbers. >> stephanie: yeah. >> so i think there are very good signs out there, and it's that slow and steady progress. >> stephanie: one of the other things mitt romney criticized the president for, military cuts, which of course the president is also against and has asked congress to come up with a plan and get the gop is driving us once again off of this fiscal cliff. talk to us about that. >> it's asking for more money in their plan. now they can't live with their own sequestration plan that they wanted. and now they come up with a new plan that will carve some $18 trillion out of domestic investment and going over to add money to the defense department
7:16am
and asking for more money an the department of defense is asking for. this is somewhat interesting, you know? and no details, and -- as it is you know $0.60 on every dollar in that budget goes towards defense activity and we have a domestic agenda educating our young, on up to health care for the most frail elderly in our society. there are so many things that need to get addressed jobs the economy, our environment, all sorts of improvement in transportation infrastructure, investing in our bridges, countless things that need to be done. >> stephanie: yep, absolutely. well, i think it's a whole new day, and just the outrage over big bird alone, i think is giving the president a fresh wind at his back.
7:17am
>> isn't it great that we can remove regulation on wall street and then go exact dollars from sesame street. >> stephanie: there you go. >> that's enough to ruffle your feathers i think. >> there you go. >> stephanie: more bird jokes. all right. representative tonko, thank you, honey. have a great day. >> thank you. >> stephanie: we'll be right back on the "stephanie miller show." >> announcer: if you turn her on, she'll turn you on. >> oh, god. >> announcer: it's the "stephanie miller show." ♪
7:18am
7:19am
7:20am
(vo) she gets the comedians laughing and the thinkers thinking. >>ok, so there's wiggle room in the ten commandments, that's what you're saying. (vo) she's joy behar. >>current will let me say anything. ♪
7:21am
>> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ on this perfect day, nothing standing in my way ♪ ♪ on this perfect day ♪ >> stephanie: it is the "stephanie miller show." welcome to it. twenty three minutes after the hour. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: what? >> i was showing you pictures of our next guest. >> yes, well jim enjoyed those very much. >> olivia mund. >> she has a habit of doing cheesecake photos -- she was maxim magazine's most photographed woman for a while,
7:22am
but now she is stumping for obama. >> stephanie: that's right. mittens last night. >> romney: last night i thought it was a great opportunity for americans to see two different visions for the country. >> stephanie: both of them. the one i used to have and the one i had last night. >> romney: we have two very different courses for america. trickle down government is one where the president will raise taxes on small business so create jobs. >> stephanie: wow! mittens, look at that. [♪ "world news tonight" theme ♪] >> stephanie: he unemployment rate falls to 7.8%. >> yeah, but that's not good
7:23am
enough. >> it's because he is lazy. >> stephanie: and stupid according to john sununu. susan in michigan. you are on the "stephanie miller show." hi, suz? >> what happened? >> stephanie: i don't know. something is going on with the phones. >> what? hello. [ wah wah ] >> ringy dingy dingy. >> stephanie: all right. let's do some of the fun facts then. i'm trying one more christine in california are you there? >> caller: oh, my god. >> stephanie: there we go. >> caller: you guys are awesome. you are like prozac for me in the morning and i was just going to say -- i changed my mind
7:24am
because the other caller said it so beautifully i learned a new weird, pseudolift he has visions, they are dilutional -- >> stephanie: he has double vision because he had been on both sides of every issue. [ coughing ] >> caller: i just took a hit off of my dildo bong. [ buzzer ] >> stephanie: kevin you are on the "stephanie miller show." hi, kevin? hi kevin? >> oh, what happened? >> stephanie: i don't know. there is something -- let's go -- >> maybe there's an electromagnetic pulse -- >> stephanie: oh it's the ones that magically changed those job numbers. isn't that what they said in the
7:25am
right-wing world. >> those guys they'll just change those numbers around and then that will happen and then -- >> stephanie: yeah. bill crystal not a romney fan, is he? >> he is being very vocal too. >> stephanie: he said romney has a thin resume to be a presidential candidate. he argues that romney's resume is rather thin. he said i haven't seen the government run as a business. and then crystal said he has a thin resume for a presidential candidate. he is a one-term governor in an atypical state. and he didn't change much for massachusetts.
7:26am
the thing he did change is the drop in employment rate. okay. i'm going to try one more time and then i'm going to start drinking. josh go ahead. >> caller: oh, hey. love you guys. especially here in south georgia you can imagine there aren't many progressive voices here. >> stephanie: i can imagine. >> caller: i wanted to give a shout out to the current chat room. this is kool-aid -- >> stephanie: all right. >> and he just burned up all of his time with that. >> stephanie: and time. actress olivia mund is next on the "stephanie miller show." ♪ they're going to vote for who they're going to vote for. most of us already know who
7:27am
we're going to vote for. i don't believe a lot of the people who call themselves moderates or whatever are as moderate as they say they are (vo) john fugelsang sees what happens. >> you know, blaming this economy on barack obama is kinda like blaming your hangover on the guy making breakfast. i like mitt romney but i'm sorry. they guy has flipped more than a crack house mattress. this campaign has become so toxic, beverly hills housewives are now injecting it into their foreheads. (vo) so current gave him a weekly show. >> i love romney's debate style, but i tell you, if i could be that stiff for 90 minutes, i'd ... (vo) we probably won't regret it.
7:28am
7:29am
break the ice with breath-freshening cooling crystals. ice breakers.
7:30am
7:31am
♪ >> james woods promised to introduce me to >> announcer: stephanie miller. >> but instead he introduced me to danny bonaduce. like meeting a dog turning 30. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: all right. thirtity-four minutes after the hour. about olivia nun --
7:32am
>> munn. >> stephanie: what did i say? >> nun. >> stephanie: oh boy. in the meantime marvin in new mexico hi, marvin. >> caller: hey, hi. how are you guys doing? >> stephanie: good. >> caller: first of all i would like to say our president is an evil genius. >> stephanie: why do you say that? >> caller: he definitely let romney walk into that debate. i mean look at the headlines today. it's crazy. >> stephanie: yeah. >> caller: yesterday they were talk about how of these romney supporters were going to jump ship, but now they are doubling down, and they are going to go down with the ship. >> stephanie: right. [ coughing ] >> caller: excuse me. >> stephanie: oh pardon you. please go ahead. >> caller: and another thing think about all of the money
7:33am
that is not going to go into the senate and house races. >> stephanie: yeah and i think he underestimated the muppet love in the country. hi heidi. >> caller: hi. i love you guys. i have listened to you for about eight years. >> stephanie: thank you. >> caller: i was calling because i wanted to say obama -- everything is turning around right now in the economy. and i want him to be in office for he can take the credit for what he has done. >> stephanie: exactly. i'm surprised that mittens hasn't taken credit for the drop in the unemployment rate as well. >> yeah. >> stephanie: do you have it? >> yeah. >> stephanie: a lot of people like big bird you know? [ mocking laughter ] ♪ i like big bird and i cannot lie, you other brothers cannot
7:34am
lie ♪ ♪ cookie monster just can't go on ♪ ♪ i like big bird and i can't deny ♪ [ mocking laughter ] [ applause ] >> stephanie: thank you, rocky mountain mike. sue in rockville, maryland. you are on the "stephanie miller show." good morning sue. >> caller: good morning. yesterday they stated took 13 hours to really fire back at romney. but now that romney is a moderate my two questions are what are the tea baggers going to do? and what about his tax returns? >> yeah i forgot about those. >> caller: but the most exciting thing, stephanie? i'm coming to new york! >> are you bringing the bar
7:35am
baby? >> caller: no but we are coming. we will meet and grope you. >> stephanie: can i tell you one thing, when you see who the surprise celebrity panelist is you are going to plotz. >> caller: i can't wait. >> stephanie: can i just say sexy liberal tour director rowingland is [ censor bleep ] his pants. he is dressing his dog up in various halloween costumes and it is really freaky. >> he doesn't have better things to do? >> stephanie: i don't know what the hell he is doing. >> he is trying to style the humane society right now. >> stephanie: get me out of
7:36am
here! >> poor butters. >> somebody help me. >> stephanie: she has the katie holmes eyes. help me my daddy is crazy. [ cuckoo clock chimes ] >> stephanie: dogs always have that look when they are in costumes. >> they don't make costumes big enough for your dogs do they? >> stephanie: i don't think so. >> you would have to put it in a real trench costume. >> circus tents. >> my doing went as a flasher. >> stephanie: hello kevin. >> caller: will good stephanie. >> stephanie: hello. go ahead. >> caller: well, you know -- >> oh know. >> stephanie: yes. >> that's weird.
7:37am
[♪ "world news tonight" theme ♪] >> stephanie: mitt romney say the drop this the unemployment rate is quote not what a recovery looks like. >> oh. >> stephanie: so maybe going up would be -- hum. he responded to the jobs report by arguing that obama has failed -- okay. >> i -- >> stephanie: did i say that they are just going to go no, that's not good. >> yeah. >> and fox news is already running with obama is just manipulating the numbers. >> right. >> and i wrote back to jack welsh, and i said sir, if you are going to put that out there, you better have proof, or america will call you a liar. i haven't hear back. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: dave in illinois, hi, dave.
7:38am
>> okay. all right. [♪ "jeopardy" theme music ♪] >> why don't we do wright wright. >> stephanie: okay. why not. gretchen carlson. >> the president argued for quote a new patriotism. that means to me a couple of things, if you don't agree with the president you are not a patriot, and is that another way of talking about class war fair. >> and number three am i an idiot? >> why is she inserting her opinion into asking the question of a guest. >> stephanie: i think what he meant was pay your fair share. [ ♪ patriotic music ♪ ] >> stephanie: and maybe your money is invested in america and not in se --
7:39am
>> the cayman islands. >> stephanie: yeah. bill o'reilly on the debate. >> barack obama is a good debater, but the mistake he made last night was coming off as a boring college professor, he droned on and on about people he met in kalamazoo or someplace, instead of making dramatic points, the president me an dered, and i wouldn't believe that mr. obama didn't even bring up his 47% remark. what happened to that? >> he got word that mitt romney was going to bring it up during the debate and completely reverse himself. >> stephanie: yeah. rush limbaugh. >> obama didn't lose because he didn't show up. he did not lose because of the
7:40am
altitude or moderator. he lost because his ideas don't cut it. >> stephanie: really? was that him calling -- obama a pill popper. [ laughter ] >> without any evidence >> stephanie: just throwing out a rumor that the president was on drugs. >> oxycontin. >> stephanie: i see. ann colter. >> he was very very bad last night. he looked depressed, with those big ears poking out. the first time watched it romney was killing, and the second time i was actually watching it and the visual you could see at the end of the debate he knew
7:41am
anniversary or not, michelle wanted to go home from mitt. >> stephanie: wow. i don't -- you know what that is not even worth comments on. >> big ears? i thought we were done with that -- >> maybe she was seeing the shadow of her own adam's am. >> yeah. >> stephanie: so the president has big ears, and michelle would rather have sex with mitt. and here is john. >> what we saw was a president who is lazy and detached. he didn't want to prepare for this debate. he is lazy and disengaged. >> stephanie: and -- >> i think he thought mitt romney sounded insane.
7:42am
>> stephanie: yeah. >> lazy. >> stephanie: and he also said not very bright. i think maybe they are spiking the football just a little bit too much. this might backfire on them? >> little bit. >> stephanie: now the heritage foundation. >> we all love big bird but maybe it's time to find a job in the private sector -- >> stephanie: sesame street specifically gets hardly anything, because they make money with merchandising -- >> absolutely. >> and conservatives like to say, sesame street can go to nickelodeon or something like that. you can only get nickelodeon if you have cable, and for very low income families who's only source of education for their
7:43am
children, sesame street a very valuable tool. >> unless you are making gazillions of dollars there is no reason to do it. >> stephanie: they might replace matt lawyer -- >> we have that coming up in celebrity stack. >> announcer: it's the "stephanie miller show."
7:44am
unwrap your paradise. soft, sweet coconut covered in rich, creamy chocolate. almond joy and mounds. unwrap paradise.
7:45am
7:46am
7:47am
what the current audience can expect from my show is the unexpected. >>stephanie miller challenges the system, now it's your turn. >>it's a little bit of magic. >>connect with "talking liberally with stephanie miller" at facebook.com/stephaniemillershow and on twitter at smshow. [ ♪ music ♪ ] [ ♪ music ♪ ] >> announcer: stephanie miller . [ ♪ music ♪ ] ♪ she knew how to work it since
7:48am
she was born, now she's riding into battle with her high heels on ♪ ♪ she is the queen of the bus stop working it 'til dawn ♪ >> stephanie: oh yeah. all right. it is the "stephanie miller show." fiftiy minutes after the hour. 1-800-steph-1-2 the phone number toll free from anywhere. everybody they know talks about the news room on hbo, and i have not seen enough of it because i'm a geek -- >> and drunk. >> yeah. >> stephanie: i have seen the clips. olivia munn is on the show and also on the ground in ohio cam page for president obama. olivia, good morning. >> good morning.
7:49am
i just landed from a red eye. >> stephanie: oh boy. we have all had the same amount of sleep, then. >> yeah, it's not like poor me it's like you can get on a plane, drink some wine try to go to sleep, and then there are people who help you out everywhere. >> stephanie: listen, i have had exactly the same amount of wine -- >> if you want to feel bad for me i'll let you. i'm just not encouraging it. >> stephanie: the big news the unemployment rate dropped to 7.8%. that big news in places like ohio isn't it? >> yeah we have heard so many statistics thrown out all the time when you realize that obama's plan is work it's happening, it is very exciting.
7:50am
you don't turn the tide over come -- completely overnight. and it's extremely exciting. >> stephanie: what was your reaction not just to the debate but the coverage of it. as we have taken a day now, obviously mitt romney has been thoroughly debunked in almost everything he said in the debate right? >> yeah. i had to keep rewinding it, because i thought, man, romney is coming strong on the president. and i remember never hearing a straight answer and then things felt, you know, very, very vague, like he says one thing in the beginning and then towards the end he is saying, you know, like -- it's -- you know we have
7:51am
the worst schools, and then by the end he said we have the best schools. and i'm like i'm not really getting why -- i see that his stance and how his body language was very -- he did not seem weak at all. but i can do that too. i can say a lot of stuff. and i don't know what i'm talking about. i'm like, yeah you know, the economy is crap. i think -- i love money too, i think the economy is doing awesome. >> stephanie: they call acting essentially lying, right? >> yeah. and the worst part is that -- you know, for the moment that you were doing it you have to believe it so even as an actor, acting is lying, but to truly do it well you have to believe it for the moment you are doing it and during the debate i remember looking up
7:52am
and seeing like what are people saying? and it's like romney wins romney wins, and i was like that's interesting, because i still didn't get any answers and he was just kind of lying about everything he had said. he just kept going back and forth and back and forth and the big thing for me more than anything, which is why i'm out here in ohio today and i'll be going to virginia and wisconsin is just to really rally young people to get out there and register to vote and to vote early. because last year there was about 507 votes were the difference. >> stephanie: right. >> and right now it is such -- you know polar opposites and it makes such a big difference for us to vote -- >> stephanie: yeah. >> because i'm afraid -- what happened with the debate now people end up taking it and thinking that romney was the
7:53am
winner. i feel it is really important actually for people to realize -- and a lot of my friends automatically say obama is going to win. >> stephanie: yeah, right. >> but then -- then there's that situation where we have all been in, where you don't vote because you realize that oh your guy is going to win and then you realize he didn't win. i thought you voted? i thought you voted? >> stephanie: yeah. have you always been politically involved? >> well, it -- i'm -- i have always been -- i'm a big, big supporter of america. i'm the girl that if anybody says anything about america, i'm the first on the edge of my seat so say what did you say? >> stephanie: don't pick a bar fight with you is what you are saying? >> don't pick any kind of fight with me about america, because i
7:54am
will throw it down. i will put my game boy in my backpack >> stephanie: all right. america you have been warned. >> it is more of a juice box in my situation -- >> not quite as effective. >> yeah, i drink and eat like a child. i like to have no real responsibility when it comes to how i eat and drink, but when it comes to america i will always be fighting but willing political especially as an actor i really do believe that it's our responsibility to -- you know, help the audience [ inaudible ] disbelief when they are watching it. so i don't think it's the smartest thing for an actor to do to go out there and be saying really big political statements or anything that can just kind of put a mark on them.
7:55am
however, it's important, i think when certain things are essentially -- like right now are so serious, and you have to be out there and just fight for things that i think aren't these big political stances but are more human rights issues. i'm an activist to protect animals, i just think it's right to not abuse animals. like i think that's a good thing, so right now the biggest thing to me is that made me really want to join -- you know i have always supported president obama -- >> stephanie: olivia -- >> no i have 15 more minutes stephanie. i'm only on page 3 of 20. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: we love you. talk to you again, soon. >> stephanie: it's time for her pudding pops i am told.
7:56am
all right. right back on the "stephanie miller show." "stephanie miller show." [♪ theme music ♪] >> stephanie: hello current tv land. sexy liberal john fugelsang coming up in this hour. he is getting ready for his big debut tonight. jacki schechner when john fugelsang came up on the monitor in the studio, we all gasped. because he is so beautiful. >> he also had that moment where he was making that hair look just perfect.
7:57am
>> stephanie: yeah, we will taunt him forever on that. >> but he does have great hair. >> stephanie: he is astonishingly pretty. and his big show debuts tonight. >> yes, were exciting. >> stephanie: here she is jacki schechner. >> good morning, everybody. we are on the mend that is the gist of the first statement out from the house this morning. it's a blog posted on the good jobs numbers. this report is further evidence that the economy is recovering but he also points out we would get even better news if congress extends the middle class tax cuts. and passes the jobs bill. as for the claims that the numbers are fake or somehow rigged. the secretary of labor says those accusations are down right
7:58am
insulting. these are trained economists of the utmost professionalism. the blf is well-known to go to great lengths to keep its secret and outside of any influence. the president is bound to talk about the jobs report today. and then he'll be off to cleveland and back to d.c. tonight. mitt romney will start in virginia and then down to st. petersburg florida. the "washington post" reports that mitt romney is going to be back in virginia on monday where he is planning to give a foreign policy speech. the next presidential debate is going to be a week from tuesday
7:59am
in townhall format. the dp debate though is before that next thursday. we're back with more steph after the break. stay with us. this corruption based on corruption based on corruption. >>i think that's an understatement, eliot. u>> i'm not prone tot. understatement, so explain to me why that is. i think the mob learned from wall st., not vice versa.
8:00am
you'd spot movement, gather intelligence with minimal collateral damage. but rather than neutralizing enemies in their sleep you'd be targeting stocks to trade. well, that's what trade architect's heat maps do. they make you a trading assassin. trade architect. td ameritrade's empowering web-based trading platform. trade commission-free for 60 days,
8:01am
and we'll throw in up to $600 when you open an account.
8:02am
[ ♪ theme music ♪ ] >> announcer: ladies and gentlemen, it's "the stephanie >> announcer: ladies and gentlemen, it's the "stephanie miller show"! ♪ i'm walking on sunshine woe ho ♪ ♪ i'm walking on sunshine woe ho ♪ ♪ it's time to feel good hey all right now ♪ ♪ it's time to feel good ♪ >> stephanie: yeah, you are right. new rule. no touching. do not touch me during the commercial breaks. >> i was just trying to console you -- >> stephanie: creeped me out. did you see that jim? >> yeah i did.
8:03am
it was weird. >> stephanie: it was like my little brother touching me. my friend pats my head and says beautiful, beautiful. >> i was just trying to calm you down. >> big sausage neck. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: don't touch me. get away. >> i really creeped you out. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: all right. i'm just sleepy. all right. >> much like olivia munn. >> stephanie: yes. seven minutes after the hour. >> fresh from their star-studded performance in hollywood, the year's hottest political show
8:04am
the stephanie miller sexy liberal comedy tour is coming to the city that never sleeps new york. >> you have come crawling back to broadway. >> the eve of election 2012 the stephanie miller sexy liberal comedy tour will take the stage at the beacon theater. featuring, john fugelsang, hal sparks aisha tyler and stephanie miller. don't miss your one and only chance to see all of the sexy liberal comedy players live on one stage. >> i love new york. you know why? because it's open all night. [ applause ] >> stephanie: that's a good point. i'm looking up there we were 10% unemployment in 2009 which was the result of bush policy.
8:05am
>> yes. >> stephanie: so this is huge news. >> and obama did promise earlier in his term that unemployment would be below 8% by the end of this term. >> stephanie: mission accomplished. [ applause ] >> stephanie: exactly. how about that our friends on the right? ♪ it's the right-wing world, and you want it all to yourself ♪ ♪ i said you can't hide your tax returns, all the dirty deals you have dealt ♪ ♪ can talk tough baby it's all right, you can try to hide you're sleazy but not tonight ♪
8:06am
♪ [ inaudible ] ♪ ♪ surrender to the polls tonight ♪ ♪ we'll get through tonight ♪ ♪ [ inaudible ] ♪ >> yeah! >> stephanie: wow. a that was audra and mary they just got married, you know. >> stephanie: mary lives in ann arbor -- >> stephanie: i'm sorry audra and her partner just got married. [♪ "world news tonight" theme ♪] >> stephanie: explain this to me -- >> it was the president of the
8:07am
umbrella corporation, of which gold's gym was a part. gold's gym did not give any money -- >> without the days by gold's gym would collapse. >> stephanie: right. i'm kind of a gym slut as you know -- >> yeah, you go to all of them. >> stephanie: i'm a spinning slut. i spin all over the place. >> she's a slut! look at her. >> stephanie: by the way, speaking of that issue. republican vice presidential candidate paul ryan promised to focus on the family that he and romney would allocate the proper resources to prevent gay men and
8:08am
woman from having equal rights. isn't that wonderful eddie? all right. did you see this story. [♪ "world news tonight" theme ♪] >> stephanie: road kill found in kentucky chinese restaurant. >> yeah. >> that's like having sushi? ohio. >> stephanie: an eastern kentucky inspector shut down the restaurant aftering finding road kill in the restaurant. >> what was it a possum. >> it was a deer. >> stephanie: customers complained to the health
8:09am
department after they saw employees dragging a dead deer into then restaurant. >> i don't know about sweet and sour venison. >> stephanie: the owner said he planned to feed the deer to his family. >> okay. sure. >> i'll have this kung pow possum. >> stephanie: so that happened. that's the name of john fugelsang's new show. hey, j.d. >> caller: hey. i watched the debate the other night, and i just kind of observed quite a bit. obama seemed like he was trying to keep from laughing. i mean -- >> stephanie: and now we know why. >> caller: oh, yeah. and his tactic looked like he was -- if you are trying to get
8:10am
a rat out of a hole, you have to bait him. and he is out of the hole now and has nowhere to go. god it was like a fanatic on speed. >> stephanie: yeah have you noticed the difference between real people -- when you hear people calling media shows, a lot of times the elite media opinion is not the same as regular opinion, do you think? >> caller: i believe that to be a fact. >> stephanie: just because he was yelling and filibustering, why does that mean he won. >> caller: he uses the basic prosecutorial technique. let them keep talking on the stand. it was right out in the open. and i'm going to leave you one
8:11am
analogy, it's like a tsunami, the divide reverses and him and his buddies are picking up fish saying oh, yeah, this is great, and all of those facts are building up and coming on shore quick. >> stephanie: i love that. the president is stupid. he is lazy. >> look at all of the fish he left. >> stephanie: yeah, that was a little too much of an end zone dance. >> yeah. and then the real facts come out -- >> stephanie: who is stupid now johnsy knew knew. >> stephanie: wasn't he fired for being too incompetent to be
8:12am
in the bush administration. [♪ circus music ♪] >> that's something. >> stephanie: wow. showvan go ahead. >> caller: my first time calling, so hello. >> stephanie: hi. >> caller: did mitt romney actually say the unemployment rate is not a positive recovery sign. is that true? >> stephanie: yes, that's what he said. >> caller: michele bachmann says [ inaudible ]? >> stephanie: right. >> caller: i have a theory that president obama threw the debate entirely. and this way romney had no chance to defend himself on the 47%, all of his weaknesses in front of 60 million people and negate all of those ads. >> stephanie: yeah. there you go. >> caller: it had to be a strategy and also the president
8:13am
nigh that the unemployment information was in the till. >> stephanie: yeah, we had preliminary numbers a couple of days ago, so i have a sense you are right. and then you said -- this was mitt romney on hannity. he obviously was expecting the 47% -- >> yeah, he was expecting obama to bring it up. >> stephanie: yeah. >> romney: clearly in a campaign with hundreds if not thousands of speeches and question-and-answer sessions now and then you are going to say something that doesn't come out right, and in this case i said something that was absolutely wrong. and i have shown that i care about 100%. and that's been demonstrated throughout my life. when i become president, it will be about helping the 100%. >> hello, i lyed. >> stephanie: polls showing the romney's 47% moment breaking
8:14am
through. the you didn't build that fizzling. >> uh-huh. [♪ "world news tonight" theme ♪] >> stephanie: this is how pathetic he is. the latest on the poll responds found his comments and found 45% felt more negatively to romney afterwards, and 12% slice of voters nbc defiance as up for grabs had the strongest reaction. as least as discouraging for republicans is romney's favorite quote you didn't built that isn't even a net drag. [ wah wah ] >> stephanie: there you go mittens. 18 minutes after the hour. we continue fridays with fugelsang coming up in just a few minutes on the "stephanie miller show." >> it's fun, it's healthy it's
8:15am
good exercise the kids just love it! >> announcer: it's the "stephanie miller show." ♪ >>and now to my point. that is a whole bunch of bunk! the powerful my steal an election but they cannot steal democracy.
8:16am
8:17am
8:18am
[ ♪ music ♪ ] >> this is a vintage arizona state university shirt. >> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ the things you say, you're unbelievable ♪ >> stephanie: it is the "stephanie miller show." welcome to it. 23 minutes after the hour. 1-800-steph-1-2 the phone number toll free from anywhere. sexy liberal john fugelsang coming up at the bottom of the hour getting ready for his big day-butt tonight. carter in north carolina. hi, carter. >> caller: hi. i feel sorry for the president. he had to debate essentially a
8:19am
toddler toddler his arguments were no itting isn't, na-uh. and his budget is his imaginary friend. >> stephanie: there you go. [ applause ] >> stephanie: would you like some fun facts? >> sure. [♪ fun-facts music ♪] >> stephanie: romney told 27 lies in 38 minutes. >> that's hard to do. >> stephanie: it is. this is one thing he said gets north american independent that creates 4 million jobs. his plan relies heavily fuel efficiency standards set by the obama standard.
8:20am
he said i don't have a $5 trillion tax cut. i don't have a tax cut of the scale you are talking about. [ buzzer ] >> stephanie: yes, he does. i'm not going to reduce the share of taxes paid by high income people. [ buzzer ] >> what? >> stephanie: my number 1 principal is there will be no tax cuts that adds to the deficit, and if he says it twice -- romney's plan can't both exempt middle class families tax cuts and remain revenue neutral. and he says i will lower taxes on middle income families. you look at the study you describe and it is completely wrong, the study actually proves he raises taxes on the middle
8:21am
class. so it a complete stream of bull [ censor bleep ] >> good year for fact checkers. >> stephanie: that's probably where all of these jobs came from. i saw a study that came out that said you are going to raise taxes by 3 to $4,000 on middle income familiar list. [ buzzer ] >> it's bull crap. >> stephanie: mr. president all of the increase of gas and oil has happened on private land not government land. [ buzzer ] >> stephanie: know. oil production on federal land is lower not higher. [♪ fun-facts music ♪] >> stephanie: the oil and gas industry is sitting on 7,000 permits to drill. the president put in place as much public debt almost as much debt held by the public as all of our prior presidents
8:22am
combined. and that's not even close to being true. [ buzzer ] >> where do they get this stuff? >> stephanie: what we have to do right now is a setting where i would like to bring money from overseas back to this country. it would allow corporations to make profits over seas without every being taxed in the u.s. >> the exact opposite. >> stephanie: i would take the medicaid dollars that go to states and say you're going to get what you got last year plus inflation and 1% and then you are going to take care of the people as you see best. [ buzzer ] >> stephanie: i want to take the $716 billion you have cut and put it back into medicare.
8:23am
the idea of cutting $716 billion from medicare to balance obamacare is in my opinion a mistake. >> wow. >> stephanie: uh-huh. okay. [ sighs ] >> the question were you lying then, are you lying now, or are you in fact a chronic and habitual liar! >> stephanie: by repealing obamacare -- [ buzzer ] >> stephanie: he said you have to have regulation and there are some parts of dodd-frank that make all the sense in the world. he did death panels. he said it puts in place an unelected board that tells people what kind of treatment they have to have --
8:24am
[ buzzer ] [♪ fun-facts music ♪] [ sighs ] >> stephanie: okay. right now he said the cbo said up to 20 million people will lose their insurance as obamacare goes in to effect next year. they are dropping -- >> a study done by the fluggfoundation. >> details. >> stephanie: okay. you know what -- i don't have the will to even do the rest of it. just assume everything he said was a lie. 29 minutes after the hour. back with fridays with fugelsang on the "stephanie miller show." ♪
8:25am
(vo) what is said here could decide the election. current tv presents coverage of the vice presidential debate. with unrivaled analysis and commentary. >> the idea that he could criticize the president on the down grading, when he led the charge to block a resolution. outrageous. (vo) the only network with real-time reaction straight from the campaigns and from viewers like you. >>now that's politically direct.
8:26am
8:27am
8:28am
8:29am
[ ♪ music ♪ ] ♪ >> okay. now that you have pointed it out, maybe -- >> announcer: stephanie miller. >> does sound slightly like somebody put a screwdriver in a pencil sharpener, but in a good way. >> stephanie: it is the "stephanie miller show." welcome to it. thirtity-four minutes after the hour. it is friday you know. ♪ fugelsang is just already with
8:30am
me ♪ >> stephanie: oh, there he is. >> good morning, children. happy friday steph heads. >> i'm so proud of you. >> oh, well thank you. thank you. we're launching the weekly series tonight "so that happened." the daily show we will be launching in november. let me congratulate you guys for your prime time debut of the show this week. it was so much fun watching your predebate special. >> stephanie: thank you. and we got great ratings. >> you got killer ratings. al gore said you reached a very
8:31am
high altitude. >> stephanie: it's funny, because it's true. >> and thank you for joining us. >> stephanie: we did mention the automobile gaffe when you came up on the screen because of your beauty. >> i was covering the debate with a bunch of democrats, and i am watching that debate, i haven't heard al gore sigh that much since his own debate. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: it is interesting the difference a day makes. today the unemployment rate has dropped to 7.8 mitt romney has almost been completely disembowled fact wise. >> uh-huh. everybody should google gish gallop, and it is throwing a
8:32am
tidal wave of bs at your opponent. and when your opponent is trying to stop your tidal wave you completely overwhelm the audience. he lied about never wanting tax cuts for the rich, the guy was lying all over the place, and while barack obama didn't give the performance a lot of people would have liked, i do believe the president won on substance, watching mittens having to backtrack and go on sean hannity last night and say, yeah that 47% comment i didn't mean it. >> stephanie: yeah. and the president was great yesterday. >> obama: when i got on to the stage, i met this very spirited fellow who claimed to be mitt romney. [ laughter ]
8:33am
>> obama: but it -- but it couldn't have been mitt romney because the real mitt romney has been running around the country for the last year promising $5 trillion in tax cuts that favor the wealthy. the fellow on stage last night said he didn't know anything about that. >> stephanie: john, you do have to have some sympathy for the president. what do you do when the person that doesn't actually show up that has been espousing these different plans. >> what do you do when you are a republican who is convinced that your candidate is a severe right-winger, all of my cousins who are ron paul freaks have cut the guy loose after that debate performance. >> stephanie: yeah, it's hard to know -- like you said there was so much to debunk when it was
8:34am
happening live -- it's almost hard to do that much fact checking that quickly wasn't it? >> yeah it really was. watching that with that particular lineup was like watching the entire baseball season compressed in 90 minutes with a room full of mets fans. and there it is again the $716 billion medicare lie. i'm actually happy because a lot of democrats in my life have been a bit smugly certain that obama had this wrapped up, and he did obama a favor. you are going to see a much feistier president in the next two weeks. >> stephanie: yeah. talk about losing the battle, but winning the war.
8:35am
take a listen. >> obama: thank goodness somebody is finally getting tough on big bird. >> yeah, and he is saying that mitt romney is going to put the hammer on sesame street. >> yeah, and he wants to strap him to the top of his car. >> stephanie: exactly. gail in syracuse you are on with john fugelsang. hi, gail. >> caller: hi, stephanie. it's so great to finally talk with you. i have been trying to reach you for weeks now. >> stephanie: oh. well go ahead. >> caller: i was thinking with reference from [ inaudible ] talk about economic patriotism -- >> stephanie: right. >> caller: yeah the way i see it is basically paying for the stuff that you use -- >> stephanie: right.
8:36am
it's paying your fair share. >> caller: highways, you know, hiring americans so more americans can get jobs. >> stephanie: yes. how about investing in america instead of investing in the cayman islands. >> romney is like a reality show called cayman shore. >> stephanie: yeah exactly. the president is winning the most important poll he has clenched the election according to the 7-eleven poll. he appears to hold an
8:37am
insurmountable lead -- >> that's because romney doesn't drinking coffee. >> stephanie: right. >> romney's health care plan includes giving out vouchers for scratchoff games. >> stephanie: yeah what was he on? >> he was high on anxiety, my friends. [ mocking laughter ] >> the guy really does believe in one core value, and that is he is the white horse philosophy, and if you keep that in mind all of the flip flops make sense. that's has this horrible classic, evil 47% stuff when he said it in a room of wealthy
8:38am
douche nozzles. >> stephanie: sharon in virginia you are on with john. hello, sharon. >> caller: hello, stephanie, how are you? >> stephanie: good go ahead. >> caller: my husband just turned me on to you guys. i was at a point that i wanted to bash my tv screen in in the beginning of the debate because i thought where is my obama. and when i calmed down and started to watch him i saw his strategy. i cannot wait for the next debate when obama calls him on everything he says and watch him get flustered and angry as all republicans do -- >> exactly. >> stephanie: yeah, i have said that before, you have seen john how flustered he gets.
8:39am
we were talk about the republican primaries -- >> when you challenge him at anything -- >> stephanie: yeah, he gets incredibly flustered. >> and that's the challenge how is the president going to get under his skin without look like he is trying to get under his skin. i would much rather have barack obama get bad report cards in the first debate than the next two. >> stephanie: yes. >> if you look at president reagan when you are president you do live in an incumbent bubble, and mitt romney had 7,000 debates earlier this year. george w. bush had the same thing in his first debate with senator kerry.
8:40am
so very often presidents do have a rough time in the first debate. jim lehrer was no help at all. i think you are going to see a much more energized barack obama, and all of these smug conservatives saying that paul ryan is going to mop the floor with joe biden. forget about it. >> stephanie: look at his speech. ryan's speech at the rnc, john that was just about as thoroughly fact checked -- >> oh my gosh. that speech just got home to his wife last night. >> stephanie: we just said that's where the jump in jobs has happened in fact checkers. >> yes. >> stephanie: john fugelsang remains in the side car.
8:41am
we continue with the remaining moments of fridays with fugelsang on the "stephanie miller show." >> announcer: highbrow low brow unibrow. it's the "stephanie miller show." ♪ (vo) she gets the comedians laughing and the thinkers thinking. >>ok, so there's wiggle room in the ten commandments, that's what you're saying. >>current will let me say anything.
8:42am
8:43am
8:44am
(vo) john fugelsang sees what happens. >> you know, blaming this economy on barack obama is kinda like blaming your hangover on the guy making breakfast. i like mitt romney but i'm sorry. they guy has flipped more than a crack house mattress. this campaign has become so toxic, beverly hills housewives are now injecting it into their foreheads. (vo) so current gave him a weekly show. >> i love romney's debate style, but i tell you, if i could be that stiff for 90 minutes,
8:45am
i'd ... (vo) we probably won't regret it. [ ♪ music ♪ ] >> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ stop, stop ♪ ♪ [ inaudible ] ♪ >> stephanie: uh-huh. it is the "stephanie miller show." fridays with fugelsang. here he is in the new york -- no he's on the phone. he's getting ready for the debut
8:46am
of his knew show tonight "so that happened." is that the name of it? >> yes and we'll go all the way back to paul ryan having his ass handed to him by chris wallace on fox news. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: yeah what is that somebody? >> chris matthews had the unexpected outbreak of journalism. >> stephanie: that's right. 1-800-steph-1-2. mary in illinois, you are on with john. hi, mary. >> caller: hi how are you, steph? >> stephanie: good. go ahead. >> caller: you know when romney said about his boys if they tell you stories over and over and over again you are going to believe them? >> stephanie: yeah. >> caller: he is doing that himself. when obama looked at him like he
8:47am
was from mars i got the biggest kick about of him. and he really proved himself by not losing his cool. i admire the strength and fort tuesday that obama has. >> stephanie: yeah john the fact that he pre-emptively basically called the president a liar -- >> yeah, after calling his own sons liars. >> stephanie: yeah but as the smoke has cleared paul krugman wrote about this and said basically everything mitt romney said was a lie, and basically everything the president said was true. >> the question is what decides debates?
8:48am
words and facts or tone? the president was more academic and professoral. it turns out obama really won the debate when you look at the substance. >> stephanie: yeah, again, speaking of facts and numbers with these unemployment numbers coming out today, don't you think that even neutralizes what happened at the debate. >> oh completely. having mitt go on sean hannity and said i didn't mean what i said about the 47%. and the employment numbers came out this morning, and all of the republicans are like darth vader
8:49am
going nooooo! and they are all claiming -- including jack walsh himself -- that these numbers were all made up. these guys never questioned the numbers when bush was losing 750,000 jobs a month. but we gain jobs and down to 7.8% that is a myth? it is so easy for a president to fudge job numbers. and the president should be very happy there are more brand new lunatic conspiracy theories against him. >> stephanie: and speaking of numbers this is rasmussen -- [♪ "world news tonight" theme ♪] >> stephanie: said obama 332 electoral votes, romney at 206. >> wow. >> stephanie: and it is only going to get worse, isn't it
8:50am
john? >> unless the governor can turn it around. paul ryan was supposed to be the guy to get people excited about mitt romney. and i do give him credit he gave a good performance. he lied through his teeth, but he won the debate in terms of performance. >> stephanie: yes, it is winning by cheating. if everything you said were true, i suppose it would be a different story. by the way what does it say about paul ryan that obama still holds a double-digit lead in wisconsin? >> it says that paul ryan is still running for his congressional seat and not giving it up. there are paul ryan for congress signs popping up all over wisconsin. >> stephanie: it seems like he thinks he may need a backup plan of some sort. >> a day job if you will.
8:51am
>> stephanie: jeanie in ohio. >> caller: hi guys. john good luck with your new show tonight. >> thank you very much. it will be a lot of fun. >> caller: is romney really a lunatic or what? >> yeah. >> caller: he is. every time i hear him i have to rewind to say did i just hear that? >> stephanie: right. >> caller: and i think -- i agree with that woman that called a few calls before saying that i think that obama did throw the debate but he was cool. you know, he kept it cool and he did smile and i think he was looking down because i think if he would look up at romney he would just crack up. >> stephanie: that's what somebody else said he was trying to stifle laugh. >> yeah, like the rest of us. >> yeah, and jim lehrer my god
8:52am
i admire jim lehrer but i don't know what he was doing on that stage. and there was so much criticism of the debate commission that the monitors were all too old and too white. and jim lehrer aledgedly was livid over these criticisms. you can't imagine him getting angry -- >> i was livid. >> [ inaudible ] caught up with jim lehrer at the airport. >> stephanie: joe in chicago, you are on with john. hi, joe. >> caller: yes, hi. >> stephanie: hi. >> caller: just calling to say that i did not think obama was at all adequately prepared for the debate but after watching all 25 republican debates mitt romney was
8:53am
ly going to be devoid of reality such as denial of ever supporting an insurance mandate. >> stephanie: right. john you were the one that created the etch-a-sketch moment, can you imagine it was almost literally a different person on the stage the other night. >> absolutely. this is the etch-a-sketch-ification of mitt romney. i think it was because eric fehrnstrom made the comment that he made -- >> stephanie: john fugelsang "so that happened" tonight at 6:00 pm and 9:00 pm eastern. >> yes. >> stephanie: good luck, honey. and we'll se
8:54am
8:55am
8:56am
8:57am
8:58am
8:59am